Computer Technology Schools

Does anyone know of any technical/business colleges in the north Texas area? I'm thinking of majoring in MIS, and I'm getting to the point where I need to figure out what colleges I'd like to apply to.

i think that as long as you get a degree from a techincal school you are ok... The main thing you need to concetrate on is alot of self studying becuase ultimately you skill set has to come from a solid working knowledge of whatever feild you are working in

I have an associates degree at a business college. Are you saying that I just need the work experience and self study?

Im going to ITT-tech for associates in multimedia. And maybe go 2 more after that for game design. ITT tech is like $37,000 but government paid like $8,000 so I will have to pay off like $29,000 which is alot, but you have 10 years after graduation to pay it off so that's like 200 or so per month. Would be nice to get a job at a local TV station or something like that.

Just to forewarn some of you, If you are seriously considering beginning the development of an IT career know these important FACTS!

1.) Never consider under any circumstances enrolling in an Online curriculum, let me explain why... In such a Technical oriented field as information technology you cant expect to have the required skills for a sucessful career by just reading books! "Hands on Training" and "Instructor based environments" will be the only thing to prepare you and to help educate you correctly for a successful career beyond mediocrity in the IT industry! Do not argue with this FACT, those who have the logic and ambition to be successful will understand. Those who dont will pursue other alternatives and sadly will be incapable of grasping some vital concepts and fundamentals.

2.) Explore the many different outlets to feed your desire to be educated! Do not settle on the first school you visit or hear about on some sleazy infomercial. Speak 1 on 1 with the instructors and students. Then ask yourself does this program meet my desires and aspirations to help me ultimately achieve success in my career?

3.) Ask about special relationships the School has with other Colleges and organizations. It is important to get credit for classes that count towards a degree through a community college. Leadership Organizations are also very important, they not only give you discipline and Skills that you will use the rest of your life, but they also appeal to employers a great deal.

4.) Last and most important! Have a Plan with your professional Career and education as you go through the motions. Set goals for yourself and address your "Pro's and Con's" in the field that you either enjoy or dont.

5.) I'm going to leave you with a powerful conviction I have acquired through a great mentor!

"Never accept mediocrity as your disposition, always demand more of Yourself!"

I have taken several classes at Dataschenk which is near Nashville, Tennessee and I highly recommend them. They don't have slick talking salesmen. The instructors are very good. I still email questions to the SQL guy and he helps me even though I took that class over 2 years ago.

The best tech schools are the real Institute of Technology and Polytechnic Institute of tech schools. Basically all private schools I guess!

ITT tech is a private school, I have no idea how good will it be. Im hoping after I get my associates in multimedia, I will be able to find a decent job and then continue for 2 more years for bachelor's in game design and digital entertainment. I've heard ITT tech has limited trasnferrability of credits, which isn't good, so Im hoping for the best. I really don't want to drop out now, even though I've only been going for 2 months. I'll try to finish these 2 years and see what comes up next.

Back
Top Bottom