PC for Poker - What do I Need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flanker - why would that particular card slow down the system? And why would the 6800GT be better?

The main reason I am getting some of the newer stuff is as was said - I want to make it future proof. I dont think I will ever start playing the high end games on it, as that does not interest me, but I want to get everything as fast and reliable as possible.

Thanks for all the input

:)

How much performance improvement would I see with the 4400 over the 3800 - it is quite a jump in price?

there really is no big difference except the cache. people dont see a big performance difference between cache

anyways a 6600GT might be a bottlenec to your system

like putting a 300horse power engine in a lawn mower.

EDIT: i think we shold move this to high performance system. lol.

Seriously if you want just speed upgrade without the need for high end directx games then you will be fine just getting lots and lots of ram. Processors really you will not see difference at all between say 4400 or 3800. Unless you are planning on playing those high end games.

I think intel is still better for him and he don't have to go waste all that money on a gameing computer that he well probably never game with.. that is jsut a waste of parts. i would go with intel altho this forum don't like intel it is better for this thing. he can have a computer 1k or lesser with intel rather then spending loads on a gameing pc he won't use.

6600 Gt well be good he don't want to tell poeple hey i have this stuff in my computer and hten turn around and say oh yeha my video card is a 6200.. jsut isn't right.. lol

Its not in any way to do with bragging rights - in fact I will probably never tell a soul whats in the case. It just isnt a factor.

I want to get the best I can, but only buy parts that will be a factor in increasing performance.

I may stick with the 3800 proc, and get the better graphics card.

Heres a question - I have been set on getting a card with dual DVI outs as I will be setting up multiple idetical monitors (probably Samsung 20.1" or larger).

If I was to use a card with 1 DVI and 1 VGA and connect identical monitors to each, would 1 dislpay look different from the other?

This is what I want to avoid, and is why I was set on a Dual DVI card.

Let me know what you think,

Thanks

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom