Help! my computer is overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

harobikes333

In Runtime
Help plz my friend's computer is overheating!

here is a pic

can i adjust the fans??? from that program?

Its not my computer its a friends but i neeed to help him

uh, i dont think thats right 85C? i think it will be melting by now. you might want to flash the bios. does that say the exact same thing in the bios? try speedfan or MBM5

um i donno really

i just came over to my friends house and he said that his computer
^the one i'm using right now<==is shutting down randomly

but then i opened the asus probe and it said that !:(

Well right now I'm back at my house<== they don't overclock their computer..... But they had someone build it so I don't really know what all is under the hood besides a 3gig processor from intel and 512 ram

no graphics card, asus motherboard.... and i don't know wat kind of psu

They hadn't even defragmented their computer so ......ya.. they wouldn't try to overclock....<==I'm basicly their free computer tech lol, a bad one at that....:\

There power fan was off... I think a fan must have died mabe

And PZEROFGH, what do you mean reset the bios..? How do I do that and why would I do that

Also do I need to just take off the case cover and turn on the computer and see if all the fans are running?

If it is a cpu fan then what should I do or what should they do

harobikes333 said:

Also do I need to just take off the case cover and turn on the computer and see if all the fans are running?

yes, do this and post back with your findings. check the psu fan, cpu, case(s), gpu.

also, install pcwizard and tell us what the temps are!

Alrighty:) ty I'll do it when I go over there either some time today or tomorrow<==They have two computers so its not like they are screwed completely

update!!!!

Ok i got over to their house:)

Opened their computer and they have the cpu fan and a case fan and a psu fan all 80cm i think.....

All where working

But there was alot of dust on it...... but his dad said that he blew it off......<---i didn't argue....

So i also installed the pcwizard... what should i do with it and show u?

Open pcwizard and check temps. Bottom, right icon...copy and paste the temps etc....also if it looks dusty, esp the fans, get some compressed air and clean it WELL.

you can also go to processor and theres temp

well sense they arent doing any OCing you dont need to clear the cmos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom