iTunes Problems . . . PLEASE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperAl182

Beta member
Hi,

I have been using iTunes 5 along with my iPod for a while now and last night, I was downloading some music when my PC crashed. When I booted it back up again I had a problem with windows, which I have sorted out now. When I tried to run iTunes, I got a message which said "iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close". It has done this everytime I try to start the software. I have tried to reinstall the software, but this has no effect. I have also restored my PC to an earlier date, and there is still no effect. I have also tried 2 install a previous version, and this doesnt work either. Any ideas??

I need iTunes as I use it all the time and it is the only program I know of that is fully compatible with iPod. If I dont have iTunes, I wont be able to use my iPod.

Please Help.

Alex

P.s. I have tried to attach the .txt file that the error message had saved on to my PC but it crashes everytime I browse the hard drive. Would reformatting and reinstalling Windows XP resolve this?

P.s.s. I am running Windows XP Service pack 2

I would personally use anapod explorer for your ipod.

it has way better organization , plus you can see your music on your ipod in windows. but you can use WMP to uploaded music to your ipod. some version of musicmatch would do it too.

Thanks I will try that.

If I was to reformat my hard drive and reinstall windows, would this solve the problem? (I have been meaning to do this for a while now anyway)

Alex Simmonds

SuperAl182 said:
Thanks I will try that.

If I was to reformat my hard drive and reinstall windows, would this solve the problem? (I have been meaning to do this for a while now anyway)

Alex Simmonds

99% that it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom