Celeron - need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfon

Baseband Member
I have a Celeron D Processor 340, and yes I am aware its not the best pc in the world but I plan to sell it on ebay but want to do some major upgrades on it to make it a little faster.

What is my problem exactly?: The computer loads slow, it use to run fast but Im not sure what the problem is and its running slow.

What do you want to achomplish?: To make the pc pretty fast so when like I click on 'my documents' it loads it up instanly and not having me wait 2 minuets to load.

Also I need a network adapter thing, does anyone know where I could get one? Is newegg a good place to buy one from?

Could someone help me with my poblems please? :mad:

Well, you could use a better processor, but getting some more ram would help out for now. I assume you have 128mb? I would get atleast 512mb. And, the network adapter? are you talking wireless? or wired? or just some lan ports? Newegg is a good place, very good.

Yeah I have 512mb of RAM, I think it may be spyware but I dont have the internet on that pc and I need an network adapter in order to get the interet that i have ont hat computer.

Do you know what kind I should get, cause Im not sure. Im going to run to spyware scans and see if that helps as it may be the case im not sure., thanks for the reply

Yea, its most likely spyware, or a memory leak. If possible give it a reformmat, and get a net adapter... That should clean everything up, and get it back on its feet. As for net adapters, you can get one for like 20 bucks (wired) or 30+(wireless) You have a wireless router? no?

Over time, Windows will attract lots of crap onto it so that theres too much crap and makes your computer run slow. I suggest you burn all the important files you have and re-install windows.

The motherboard doesn't have an ethernet port? Or are you talking about a modem?

Post what brand the computer is, as well as the model number. We're basically operating blind here...

Moved this thread, as this is definately not a high-end computer.

Get more ram, maybe 1 GB stick, Run windows clean up, windows defrag, and then ad-aware. It should run faster after all those things are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom