instant boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
would it be possible to put the whole os onto a large bios type chip? you would then have very fast boot times.

i wish something like this would be invented.

It already has been for a while now.

It is a crd that holds RAM chips, and has a battery to hold what is in memory. When you power up your comp, BAM! there it is.

Try Googling for it... I just can't remember what it is called. Maybe someone else will...

wouldnt that kinda be a waste of money? and wat if all of a sudden ur battery dies...ur stuff is gone...pointless if u ask me.

if that was my only choice, i'd say screw it, i'd much rather wait a minute or 2 then risk losing my data and waiting for an hour to back up my data EVERY SINGLE DAY so it'd still be pointless cuz u still have that extra backup drive in there anyway.

and it says even if its unplugged it can last up to 12 hours on the cmos battery, still stupid if u ask me cuz ok wat if im gone for a week on vacation and i dont like to leave my computer plugged in much less turned on when i know im gonna be gone for a while so right there u just lost everything on the drive and its only up to 4 GB so its not like u can put a lot of data on it.

joshd said:
would it be possible to put the whole os onto a large bios type chip? you would then have very fast boot times.

i wish something like this would be invented.
I find the boot times are fast enough as it.

I pay attension to my BOOT Screen when booting up. It tells me if it the hardware or if it's windows that is messing up on me when some thing is not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom