The time has come... the build, is as follows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
The Beast
Well, I simply can't wait any longer. My love for building high-end machines is taunting me to just buy and build A.S.A.P. But at the same time, my intelligent side, "yes i do have one" is telling me to wait for the new (Crossfire/x1800's). So, to please the both of those sides i've decided to configure a (Nvidia/nforce) beast as an option if (Crossfire/x1800's) either take to long or don't pan out.

The other reason i'm so antsy to buy and build now is because on friday I got my season end bonus at work. :) and oh.. is it nice!!!

Here's my idea: NVIDIA/AMD

CPU AMD FX-57 (I've been between this and the X2 4800+ but i've decided on the FX-57)

CPU COOLING Zalman 9500 LED Blue (When becomes available)

MOBO DFI Lanparty SLI-DR (Even though I probably won't OC very much this board is probably one of the best)

RAM OCZ EL Plat rev. 2's :4x512MB: (I already have these so i'm going to use them)

PSU PCP&C Turbo-Cool 850w SSI (Already have this)

GFX 1 eVGA 7800GTX

GFX 2 eVGA 7800GTX

SOUND Creative X-FI Fatal1ty (Just got this)

HDD 1 WD Raptor 74 @10,000rpm (OS disk/Games/Programs) Already have this.

HDD 2/3 2X SATA Seagate Barracuda 250MB in RAID 0 (Additional storage) Already have these.

HDD 4 SATA Seagate Barracuda 250MB (Additional storage - I don't know if i'll use this too, but i have 3...)

OPTICAL 1 NEC DVD/CD/Burner/Multidrive (Have this already)

OPTICAL 2 HP Burner w/ Lightscribe (Have this already)

FLOPPY/MEDIA Mitsumi floppy / Media Card Reader (Have this already)

CASE ThermalTake Shark BLK (Have this already - which i'm be sending to mnpctech.com for an airbrush and a few mods. My case will be airbrushed something similar to this http://reviews.pimprig.com/cases/image.php?url=tsu-money.jpg but instead of whales it's going to be sharks and i'm going to have them put a bikini clad hottie swimming with the sharks... Cost for whole case MOD = $300) These guys are some of the best around... I think it's worth it!

INTERIOR CASE MOD Well, nothing too much yet, Although all of my wires "every wire" is sleeved in BLUE UV sleeving and i have (2) UV 12" Cold Cathodes. Also, i'm using all Round IDE cables in UV Blue.

COOLING MONITOR Aerocool Gatewatch Black (Already have this)

OS XP Pro SP2 or XP Pro 64 Edition

MOUSE Razer Copperhead (When available in october)

MOUSE PAD Func Technologies Surface 1030 (Already have this.

KEYBOARD Saitek Eclipse Black LED Blue (Considering matches the rest of blue black theme.)

SPEAKERS Logitech Z-5500 5.1 (Already have these)

LCD MONITOR Viewsonic VX-924 19" (Already have this)

OTHER I'm not sure about after market VGA coolers for both of those GFX cards. I'm not sure i'll need them, but if there are any suggestions? Also, i'm going to remove the Chipset Fan from the MOBO and install a Zalman Blue Chipset Heatsink.

Did I miss anything?
Total with parts owned and purchased around $5000.00

Should I build this or wait for ATI?

Wait for ATI. I dont know if it will be better, but it would be nice to know before you dump 1200 on a pair of 7800 GTXs. Im sure you can live on your X800 XT rig a bit longer. And i know you like high end machines, but do you need to spend 5000? Get rid of the crap you dont need, like the case mod.

dhw200 said:
Wait for ATI. I dont know if it will be better, but it would be nice to know before you dump 1200 on a pair of 7800 GTXs. Im sure you can live on your X800 XT rig a bit longer. And i know you like high end machines, but do you need to spend 5000? Get rid of the crap you dont need, like the case mod.

LOL - dhw200... I know, my current rig is fine, but I just want more. It's kinda like an addiction. After I sold my last gaming PC i've kinda missed it, only because i don't have it anymore. And when I go over my friends house who bought it, I just want to build mine more and more... The money isn't the issue here, it's just a matter of doing it or not. I do kinda wanna wait until ATI/Crossfire comes out... I guess you're right, my current system will be just fine for now. But, GOD, (F.E.A.R) played on this system would be orgasmic don't you think?

harobikes333 said:
holy crap u have alot of Money:) ^^ where do you keep all your stuff!?

I don't have "a lot" of money... I'm just a 30 year old guy who works hard and makes a good living. Also, I like my toys. Life is very, very short and I believe that as long as i'm here, I might as well do the things that make me happy. If I can afford it, I do it.
I see no sense in saving outrageous amounts of money to have when i'm 65 years old. By that time i'll be too old and grumpy to give two craps about money. Don't get me wrong, i do have several investments and savings, but the extra little $$$ i come across I try to use it for things that I really want.

It's very rewarding to know that you've worked your butt off for something and when you buy it and it makes you happy, you realize why you've worked hard in the first place. So working harder in the future is more justified because you know that your hard work will lead to reward.

Stay in School, Study your asses off, set goals... Enjoy the rewards of knowledge later....

LOL - This has been a HAVOC public service announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom