Best AMD 64 NForce 4 Motherboard (no budget)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I checked DFI had an Ultra-DR board floating around, although it is rare, just like the SLI-D

The only difference between the D and DR are the addition of 4 more SATA ports last I checked

gaara said:
Last I checked DFI had an Ultra-DR board floating around, although it is rare, just like the SLI-D

The only difference between the D and DR are the addition of 4 more SATA ports last I checked

And diagnostics.

The SLI-D and Ultra-DR do exist, but I have never seen them on the retail market.

Kinda like Socket 939 3400+'s :cool:

SATA 2 is backward compatible with Sata150. My Gigabyte motherboard is darn good and stable too. Just a small suggestion.

wot sata2 drives are out there and are they alot faster would i notice the difference doing just doing day to day things e.g. playin music, internet, msn, and have anti virus running

and would gaming be any better?

the only thing they'd be predominately faster in is copying over files to some degree since it has bigger bandwidth, but it's still going to be limited by readspead which is because they are 7200RPM and all.

I don't think you'd really notice any difference though, even with 10Krpm drives gaming isn't faster because gaming doesn't use the HD besides to load up levels (which is faster) and the game itself, but as far as actual play goes it's dependant on your CPU, RAM, and GPU

its just i was thinking of getting 2 Seagate Barracuda Drives are these good drives to go for would you say ? or should i spend the extra and get the WD Raptors

Nubius said:
the only thing they'd be predominately faster in is copying over files to some degree since it has bigger bandwidth, but it's still going to be limited by readspead which is because they are 7200RPM and all.

I don't think you'd really notice any difference though, even with 10Krpm drives gaming isn't faster because gaming doesn't use the HD besides to load up levels (which is faster) and the game itself, but as far as actual play goes it's dependant on your CPU, RAM, and GPU

Yeah hard drives matter only for when you doubble click on the game and load it onto ram.

And they matter for people who use hard drives as virtual ram...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom