Toshiba Satellite

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPearce9

Beta member
Has anyone here ever had any problems with The Toshiba Satellite 1000 Laptop?

(Specifically a chronic problem with the backlight or screen dieing)

My company purchase a bunch of these and within a year, over half have had major screen issues. I'm trying to find a way to prevent this problem from occuring in the remaining laptops.

We never had that model down here.

Where was it purchase from? A computer store? Or a Retail Chain?

CDW, a major national authorized reseller They all have 3 year system guard warranties, so getting them repaired is not the issue at the moment. I'm trying to prevent the problems from occuring.

would you happen to know where I could find those posts? Toshiba's refusing to admit there's any problem, and inturn won't offer me any solutions to prevent it.

DEALER CHANNELvs. RETAIL CHAIN.

CPearce9 said:
CDW, a major national authorized reseller They all have 3 year system guard warranties, so getting them repaired is not the issue at the moment. I'm trying to prevent the problems from occuring.

Hmmmmmm..... sound like Toshiba might of does a custom build for CDW.

In recent history down here, I have been finding that Toshiba has been doing custom builds for retail chains like Harvey Norman, Bing Lee, RetroVision and **** Smith. The custome build are where Toshiba as actually cut corners.
Examples :-
2x 128Mb Ram Modules as appose to 1x 256 Mb Ram Module
Desktop Pentium CPU as appose to Mobile Pentium.

It $#!+s me from the sales point of view as I loose a customer to these guys as the retail buy price is about cheaper than my ex-tax buy price.

It $#!+ me from a techie point of view as it tarnisih a good brand name.

HP Compaq has been doing the same things too. I had a freind that got himself a Persario that nomrally comes with desktop CPU. He got it from Harvey Norman, and it came with 2x 128Mb Ram Modules as appose me being able to by the same model with 1x 256 Mb Ram Module.

They only way you can tell the difference is if you check the SKU numbers. Unfortunatly, for you to know what the SKU numbers are, you would need to be a reseller of computer equiptment. And finding both model SKU number are not easy.

In the end, it's better to buy a laptop from a DEALER as appose to a RETAIL chain.

CPearce9 said:
would you happen to know where I could find those posts? Toshiba's refusing to admit there's any problem, and inturn won't offer me any solutions to prevent it.

Sounds about right the right excuse for any computer company (or importer or distributor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom