Ram Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapishorrid

Baseband Member
A little while ago I got a 1 gig dual channel kit of corsair value select.
I haven't really noticed a difference yet with the ram though. My computer is quite a piece of crap (aside from the ram), my proccesor is half burnt out and runs at a wonderful speed of 995 mhz. The graphics card is somewhere around an Nvidia TNT or something. The motherboard does not support dual channel for memory.

I am wondering if not having the ram using dual channel has slowed it down and if the reason i notice no difference is because my computer is really bottlenecked. Help appreciated.:(

And I thought my Dell was bad!!!

Well not having the RAM in duel channel slows it down quite a bit. And having a half burnt up processor that only runs a 995MHz dosnt help at all either. And that graphics card is OLD!!!

So im basicly telling you what you already know, your system sucks, time for a new one!

Ok cool. So it's not that my ram is crap. That's what I was afraid of....yeah my comp's parts are really bad...lol REALLY bad. :)

i think more of your processor is crap. and your video card, haha i have a TNT2 baby better then yours :)

Hey hey hey!! i think i might have a tnt2 too!!!! lol. crap pc wars. but yeah thanks for the input guys.

Time for a new PC. Just save the RAM and put it into your new system. It will save you a bit of cash. If you do decide to go with a new PC, go with AMD 64 if you are a gamer (not that Pentium IIII is bad or anything, I just know from experience that the 64 is a much better performer when it comes to power).

::-Chase-::

Yeah I got my whole comp planned out.

amd athlon 64 3200+ (venice)
msi k8n neo4 plat
eVGA 6800gt
and the ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom