time to rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marineman227

Baseband Member
Ok so i "got done" building my own computer about 8 or 9 months ago and really haven't paid any attention to the new technology or anything that's been coming out lately. For now i have an AMD Athlon XP 2400 cpu on i'm not sure what motherboard but i know it's old because i had the same mobo when i had my duron processor. with 1gb of RAM (non ddr) and a Nvidia Geforce FX 5600 graphics card, i'm using onboard sound on the mobo and have a 200 GB hdd and a 60GB hdd. As you can see with the exception of hard drives which are both 7200 rpm everything is kind of out dated so i want to redo my computer piece by peice so in the end i will essentially have 2 working comps. I like playing online games so i want the best stuff for gaming so take 'er away guys build me the ultimate gaming machine. And as i said i've been out of the loop for a while so any links or extra info would be appreciated. I would like to keep the rebuild under $1000 total but i would rather have a very good computer than worry about price the whole time so that budget can fluctuate somewhat. Thanks
E

^^NO!, not very top of the line. you forgot ram lol

DFi nF4 ultra-D - 119

eVGA 6800GT - 300

Corsair valueselect 1GB - 90

Seagate barracuda 200GB sata150 - 88

NEC IDE DVD burner - 38

thermaltake 420W dual fan power supply -= 38

any case

amd athlon 64 3700+

what does hardcore gamer have to do anythign about this?

and asus boards suck with amd

...DFI OWNS

shows how much you know

6800GT isnt for hardcore gamers, 7800GTX is for hardcore gamers

ultimate gaming machine

guess you dont even read the original post. WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom