AGP only works on 4X with my 9600XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeaaronc

Baseband Member
I just recently upgraded my computer.... When I did that I couldnt play any 3d games at all. My 9600XT vid card kept giving me VPU recovery erros when I first get into the game i.e. doom 3 half life 2, world of warcraft. Even just doing desktop work it would choke on me. my new mobo is what I have my sig at right now.

I did some research and it turns out that tons of people have this problem with the 9600 series vid card with some mobos. Im wondering if any of you anyone can help me. Ive tried basically everything from rolling back drivers to installing new agp ones. Disabling fast write, pci write and read... And the ONLY way I can get my vid card from not hanging is to switch it to 4x agp. First of all Im wondering if thats a big deal in the first place... second of all if it is could anyone help me on how to fix this? Ive heard everything from turning the VPU recovery off to going back to catalyst 3.9 drivers which are ancient. FORMATTING wont work because everyone and their mom has tried that with my same problem so plz dont use your auto response REFORMAT :)

What i would do is go into your bios and see if your agp slot if configured to 4x or 8x. if that doesnt work i don't know what else. Try and reset your cmos too. That solved ALOT for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom