Upgraded to a 6800GT (AGP)!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was pretty suprised at the differance between even 6800gt and 7800gtx lol. btw powerslave your sig is awesome:p

Just ran Aquamark3... Here's the result. Seems awfully high to me.
Also, see how the lines are running through it? That just started happening and I can't figure out why. Those lines are on the desktop, icons, etc... Any ideas?
untitled.jpg

i used to goet those lines. had to RMA the card back to newegg. well thast because i changed the heatsink...hmm you might want to downclock it maybe have you been OCing?

Yeah, those lines aren't good. Make sure you have good drivers and check your load temps. It might be another case of an XFX 'special' feature.

BTW, congrats on turning the big 3-0. I am just a few months behind you ;) I'll have to tell my wife about your gift and make sure she can out do ya :p

Just ran Aquamark3... Here's the result. Seems awfully high to me.
it's right on par with a 6800GT...it just seems high to you because you got a more powerful card.

But yeah those lines definitely don't seem good....as idiotec said it might be the XFX at play =/

All,
Thanks for the remarks / congrats. I figured out that some setting I had changed in the Rivatuner program caused those lines. Once I switched it back they went away and I proceeded to OC the core to 380Mhz (up from 350) and the RAM to 1070 from 1000.... Still running cool and here are the results!!!

3DMark05 - 4906 -> 5270
OC1.jpg

3DMark03 - 10827 -> 11529
OC2.jpg

Aquamark3 - 55783 -> 58138
OC3.jpg

Not sure if I want to push this any further, although I still have issues with BF2 skipping sometimes when I look around... Ideas?

what was the setting you had in rivatuner out of curiosity?

as for BF2, don't know unless you got a ridiculously high setting of AA and AF or something.

KEEP PUSHING IT :p

it's still got room to go, it should hit Ultra speeds no problem.

I get 5700 in 3dmark05 when it was at 420/1125, but that was on the nf3 chipset which SUCKED...the card could go up to 433/1185 but the nf3 chipset limited it =/ now that I got nf4 I need to push it back up and see what it hits in 3dmark05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom