How crappy is my current overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kinda ram you have??? I have to underclock my OCZ using a stick of pc2700 or the OCZ will go to far and keep my machine from POSTing for some reason..... But then again with the CPU overclocking its overclocking the pc2700 beyond pc3200 lol and the OCZ just a tad bit higher.....

charles_scott said:
What kinda ram you have??? I have to underclock my OCZ using a stick of pc2700 or the OCZ will go to far and keep my machine from POSTing for some reason..... But then again with the CPU overclocking its overclocking the pc2700 beyond pc3200 lol and the OCZ just a tad bit higher.....
What!!?? :eek: Are you saying you put a stick of PC2700 RAM in there to underclock your PC3200 RAM so when you raise HTT your PC3200 doesn't OC as far?! :confused:

If that is the case, WTH, why don't you just use a divider :amazed:

Motherboard wont let me.

EDIT: Another reason i dont want the PC3200 running at default speeds is because once it hits 213Mhz my PC screws up so the PC2700 forces a limit on it...... OH and if i didnt use the extra pc2700 stick i would only have 512mb of ram total....

ALL respectable motherboards let you set the memory divider. You're probably just not recognizing it.

This is my overclock, 500MHz, like yours. 'Cept I have ValueSelect and I'm running with a divider. Its Prime95 5hours+ stable. And this isn't even the max.

And Nubius, how did you changing the mobo set a lower limit for the chip?

And Nubius, how did you changing the mobo set a lower limit for the chip?
hell if I know...the only thing I cant think of is if this board is sucking more power out of my PSU...but like I said I just tested it the other day with a multimeter and it says everything is aright.

HOWEVER...I really think it's the RAM being a beotch right now...the RAM (to answer charles question) is Patriot XBLKs which are Samsung TCCD and brainpower PCB, but I think I may have hurt them in the nf3 board...they did 270MHz in there at 2.5-3-3-7-2T timings (the nf3 board had major issues with 1T so you had to use 2T) using 3v...they were doing that for a while then I kept getting BSODs and they were just being lame.

Now in this board I can't change the cas latency...if I loosen it up to 2.5 or 3 it'll BSOD before the windows loading screen, nor do they run at like 220MHz with 2.8v using 2-3-3-6-1T timings...manufacturer guarantees them at 233Mhz 2.8v with 2-3-3-6-1T timings, so basically I gotta RMA em because they aren't living up to manufacturer spec not to mention the cas latency BS, which one of the reps at dfi-street apparently had the same prob with the same memory modules as well.

Sooo we'll see what happens once I get the RAM RMA'd because I was just trying 2.2GHz just for something to stick it at until things get settled and it stopped after an hour in prime95...I turned the RAM timings back to auto and put voltage at 2.7v and now it's sailing smooth, so I'm almost 100% sure that the RAM is just being lame and effecting the rest of the system.

Beyond that I'm also sure I just got a bad venice unfortunately =/ week18 I figured would still be decent, but I GUESS NOT...and yeah it's irritating me like no other.

It'd suck to have a max overclock of 2.3 for a 3200+ venice.
yeah tell me about it...like I said though it was running 2.575GHz in the nf3, which is still disappointing but hell better than 2.3GHz...soo yeah we'll see after I get the RAM RMA'd and flash to a different BIOS

Well you guys are running newer higher end chips, my chip is a newcastle socket 754 where as yours are venice and venice overclock very well compared to mine.... What is the stock speed for a 3200+ venice?

no that's what I'm saying, your socket 754 newcastle is owning my venice lol...and water cooled at that.

Stock 3200+ is 2GHz so I'm only running 200Mhz above stock right now...and it maxed outa t 2.575GHz in my nf3 board and ...god you won't BELIEVE how many different voltage changes I've tried and messing with this thing, 1 hour 45 mins is the longest I can get 2.3GHz prime95 stable.

I had considered selling this venice for like $150, just barely enough to get a 3000+ and try my luck with that...rather get the 3000+ first, see if it overclocks well, if it does sell the 3200+, and if it didn't send it back cause you got 7 days at places like newegg to send back a cpu :p

but right now theres a couple other factors as to why the venice might be performing poorly...so I gotta wait to get the RAM rma'd and crap

Yea i know what your saying...... im just a lil messed up right now, but honestly i dont think my BIOS has the option for a divider......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom