Damnit, my computer keeps restarting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackecho

Baseband Member
Last night I restarted my computer (WinXP Pro) and let it boot up to the password screen. This morning I rebooted it and it loaded to the point where it says that Windows is Loading with the little bar at the bottom of the screen. It from there rebooted. I tried it again, and the same thing happened at the same time. It won't boot up past the loading windows thingy. I used the system restore and it didn't work. Any ideas on what to do? I've had this problem once before and I know it wasn't a virus because I've got the most updated version of Norton and a Firewall behind a router. Gah... I miss my windows... Any idear on what to do?

Boot to the safe mode (I suppose thats where you did a restore from) and run the msconfig - under selective startup uncheck all the components - this would help you have a clean boot of the system and then start checking a component(say startup variables) at a time to know which one is corrupted.
Hope this works 4 u.... well if not we are always here to share wht we know...! Best of Luck! :)

thanks to all of you, but nothing worked. i had to reinstall... gah... so sad. do any of you know a way to save all of your outlook express stuff into a folder?

i dont know how from outlook "express" but from outlook you need to create a folder and manually drag each item from the outlook inbox/folders into the new folder you created on your local drive. As for the rebooting issue, you had the blaster worm in my opinion. One of the symptoms was a continious reboot, and sounds similar to what you had problems with.

with outlook express 6 you can export messages and adresses to comma separated values files. after OS reinstall use that file to import back into express

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom