Computer wont continue xp pro installation after reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackThePlanet

Baseband Member
I recently built myself a new rig. Foxconn 848 mobo, 160 Gb western digital hdd, 1Gb rosewill memory, 128Mb Radeon 9250, etc...
The problem is that I am now trying to install Xp Pro on the system. I run the installation cd, it recognizes my hard drive and begins to install the basic files. It then says that it needs to reboot and continue installation after reboot, which i know is normal. However, when it reboots, the installation does not continue the system just gives the message "Missing Operating System". I went to the mfrgr's website and downloaded a raid driver and installed that thinking that might be the problem, but still no fix. If anybody understands what is going on, your help would really be appreciated!

By the way, i forgot to add that i do not have an SATA hard drive, just a regular IDE hard drive, so that is why i am so confused right now!

Is your BIOS set to boot from CD? I know this sounds dumb but theres not a floppy in the your disk drive is there?

My Bios is set to boot from cd, and it does boot from cd because it begins the installation. The problem comes when it says that it must reboot to continue installtion. (this is all before it even gets to the graphic user interface portion). Also, no there is no disk in the floppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom