noob question, how to keep comp from lagging during gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

george1098

Solid State Member
hi all
i'm bran new here, and i'm haven some troubles. not quite sure what forum i should be posting this question in, sorry if o picked the wrong one.
anyhoo, i have a dell inspiron 5100 notebook. about 2 years old now, and as one can immagine, full of junk files. i am having trouble running my two favorite games, Warcraft III and Day of defeat. MMMAAAAJJJOOORRR lag problems. i've tried all this simple things, like running adware, defragging, clearing memory by deleting files., but still the same problem.
anything you guys can suggest would be great. thanks allot:D

im guessing graphics lag...
if you have THAT much junk crap just format because im sure its not all safe.

it laggs even when i'm not playing, so a graphics lag i would assume. is there any other option short of formating?

if your computer is full of junk and spyware and stuff. Then the only real solution is to format it. if you do format it make sure you have everything you need or want backed up somewhere because its all gona be gone. and dont try to format if you dont know how to reinstall everything like windows and all the drivers and stuff, do a little research first atleast.

oh tellme about it. i have been running both these games since i got the comp and normally they work fine. its only been rescently when i started playing again that they have been this lagged out, because of everything that has accumulated

I feel your pain george, I use to have the same problems with my Windows 98 machine. Try using a program like Process Explorer to see exactly what it is on your machine that's taking up all kinds of CPU power and memory. You also might want to try StatBar, which is like a toolbar that sits on your desktop and shows you in real time how much memory is being used, etc.

StatBar: http://www.statbar.nl/
WinPatrol: http://www.winpatrol.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom