Best Gaming LCD monitor from $300-$400?

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
Im guessing thats the native resolution? My video card isn't powerful enough to run 1280x1024 in newer games, so I would be stuck with 1024x768. What I'm wanting to know is would it look and run fine at 1024x768 even when the native resolution is 1280x1024?
Well, LCD's really are all about native resolution. You take a decent size hit on quality when run outside of the native resolution. That being said, I would definately get an LCD with a higher native res and just have your gfx card follow that can run at that res.

Tro1086 said:
PZERO: That LG seems a little expensive, specially since hes looking for 300 - 400 range. But that samsung dose have DVI input which would be better. And that stupid monitor in your first post that you keep recomending, who wants a monitor with only 262,000 colors? Thats F*ing pointless. Why pay for a DOWNGRADE when he already has something better. I dont think anything with less then 16 million colors would be a good reconemdation for an all purpouse monitor.

i just offered cause he was looking at the low response times. and what do you mean i keep recommending i put it in one post. and why are you offering him a 480 dollar monitor when he only can spend 300=400

PZEROFGH said:
i just offered cause he was looking at the low response times. and what do you mean i keep recommending i put it in one post. and why are you offering him a 480 dollar monitor when he only can spend 300=400

Ok... Iv seen you recomend that monitor in another thread for a guy with a 5000 dollar budget...

And dont get on me for recomending him a monitor over his price range, your showing him a freaking 600 dollar LG. And I also said IF HE IS WILLING TO SPEND A LITTLE EXTRA CASH he can get something thats known to be a great monitor. Instead of getting something that hes unsure about...

Well, I ended up picking up a Samsung 930B...and so far I'm pretty impressed. In games though, its best if I turn the settings up to 1280x1024, but AA isn't needed near as much I am noticing on an LCD, so my video card can handle 1280x1024, no AA even in games like FEAR.

well u should have bought the viewsonic vp191b va panel. It is by far the best lcd on the market,......just read the reviews and comparisons.....its a va panel whereas the 930b and all the rest are tn panels.....

vaderpro said:
well u should have bought the viewsonic vp191b va panel. It is by far the best lcd on the market,......just read the reviews and comparisons.....its a va panel whereas the 930b and all the rest are tn panels.....

Well, that one is $100 out of my price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom