PC Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIN

In Runtime
I'm building a new comp and I was wondering if the antec SmartPower 400W can support SLI with 6600GT's? I will be running one harddrive and one dvd burner and an athlon 64 3700+ with a NForce 4 chipset.

Thanks,
Tom

probably not, you always want an SLi ready psu. it might, you can try but i would like to see it go BOOM! anyways why 2 6600Gts 1 6800GT is better then 2 6600GTs

Nope. I wouldnt go with anything less than 500W for an SLI setup. With 400W, you would likely be able to start but experience random reboots while gaming.

I will stick with a single card. What card should I go with. I'm on a budget so getting a 500 will be pushing it

So far I plan to get

Asus A8N-E Mainboard
Athlon 3700+ 939 pin.
1GB OCZ gold PC3200 RAM with 2-2-2-5 timings (Dual Channel)
Hitachi 80 GB SATA2 harddrive

Still need case and power supply. Planning on the Antec TX640b that comes with the 400W smartpower PSU.

Some Dvd burner.

if you need to save some money, cutting down on a psu isent the smartist thing to do, what i would do eather wait a little longer and save up a little more money, or see if you cant find something thats the same thing that is cheaper, if you can find a cheaper ram or hard drive but i would say keep what you have and save up a little more money

I'm running 350W in my current setup with a 9600 pro and athlon XP 2600+.

A 400W won't hold up? I didn't think 400 Antec PSU was cutting down on the PSU.

If it is I'll just get a 500W smart power.

its not about wattage people its about the ampage. geez, who cares about watts. anyways, why asus with amd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom