Dell M992 screen problem...what can cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredericroumi

Beta member
I have a Dell M992 19'' Flat monitor that I connected to my computer. At first it was working great but when I formatted my computer to re-install a fresh copy of XP it started giving me this problem:

Everytime I turn the computer off and back on the screen dosen't turn on, it stays black. The only thing that brings my screen back is when I unplug it from the video card and plug it back. Even disconnecting it from the power source dosen't do it. Also, I get the same problem when I put the pc on standby or manually turn off the screen and turn it back on.

What I've tried to do to fix the problem: Re-installed the drivers of the screen + video card. Plugging the screen on a different power outlet in the room. Re-installing windows.

I also tried plugging a different screen on my pc and it works fine. I plugged my Dell screen on another PC and it works fine so my guess is that there is a conflict between the pc and the screen...Any idea what the problem could be ?

Try to reinstall the monitor driver. You can download the driver from the vendors website. Also, update the video card driver. Then post back with results.

SHAWN said:
Try to reinstall the monitor driver. You can download the driver from the vendors website. Also, update the video card driver. Then post back with results.

As mentioned in my first post, I've tried that and still have the same problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom