Best Gaming LCD monitor from $300-$400?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
Hey...what are your opinions on the best gaming LCD monitor in my price range. The two I have my eye on are as follows:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001185

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116363

Of course the Samsung has the 700:1 contrast ratio which will be quite better and worth the extra money IMO. Right now I have a nice 19" CRT.....and compared to my 16ms LCD, the colors look very dull. However, games don't look too good on my 16ms because of ghosting. I shouldn't have a problem at 1024x768 with a 19" LCD, would I?

Grr...this is so hard. I have about $500 to spend....I am also considering a Mac Mini.....its just so hard to decide what to buy.

beedubaya said:
Grr...this is so hard. I have about $500 to spend....I am also considering a Mac Mini.....its just so hard to decide what to buy.

Why don't you get a 6800GT or Ultra? It would at least increase your gaming experience, as opposed to getting an LCD.

If you have GFX card with a DVI connection, wouldnt you be a lot better off to get a monitor with DVI input? I noticed that both monitors your looking at only have analog input.

PZERO: That LG seems a little expensive, specially since hes looking for 300 - 400 range. But that samsung dose have DVI input which would be better. And that stupid monitor in your first post that you keep recomending, who wants a monitor with only 262,000 colors? Thats F*ing pointless. Why pay for a DOWNGRADE when he already has something better. I dont think anything with less then 16 million colors would be a good reconemdation for an all purpouse monitor.

I know its out of your price range, but the ViewSonic VP191B has gotten GREAT reviews, even from Toms Hardware. I think there arround 470-480 bucks, but if you wanted to shell out a little extra cash, you could get something thats tried and true, and has DVI input.

SHAWN said:
I run my Dell monitor at 1280x1024 in all my games and everything looks great!! no ghosting or any issues!!

Im guessing thats the native resolution? My video card isn't powerful enough to run 1280x1024 in newer games, so I would be stuck with 1024x768. What I'm wanting to know is would it look and run fine at 1024x768 even when the native resolution is 1280x1024?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom