Urgent! Bios Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronvongogo

Fully Optimized
hello all need help! I upgraded my bios only to find it wont load up my hard drive!. It says error on disk iv tinkered with it all night and now it says it needs hal.dll to run. I dont have a floppy drive to copy and paste will loading up my usb drive work in dos?

Will i have to format!! please say it aint so! If i reset the cmos will it go back to the original version of the bios?

I can install xp again it does detect my other version but will this format my drive? or just install over xp so i can at least get into windows save my work and then format?

PLEASE HELP! asap!

so you flashed the bios on your motherboard?

hal.dll = Hardware Abstraction Layer.dll >>> tells XP or whatever OS you're using, the version bios your motherboard is, your HD's, video, etc. when you flash your bios you basically "hard code" into the hardware.

You could try re-flashing to your original bios, but I'd recommend doing some googling first to make sure it won't fry your motherboard completely.

too late....i formated ....all my lovly software gone and it`ll take me ages to reinstall! and i lost some work! was it worth it to update my bios? well lets see i now have better fan control..so yes must have been worth it! :rolleyes:

ok im up and running again, but need advice please on getting my hard drive to show my 200Gb. it only shows 127Gb is there any program that can find the missing Gb`s and format them? i have xsetup but dont no if that can do it. Any help would be very much appriciated thankyou chaps!

type diskmgr.msc in the run window. What do you see for your 200 gb drive?
You should have roughly 190gb of real space there...

You can upgrade to a dynamic disk and then grow the disk to the full capacity... not sure if that would do it for you or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom