weird lockup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shouup

In Runtime
I just got done swapping a GeForce MX4000 into my friends computer as well as putting a stick or 256MB ram, 350 watt power supply, and new hard drive and have ran into a couple snags. It runs completely fine when hooked up to my monitor, but when hooked up to a Dell LCD the mouse and keyboard seem to randomly lock up and not respond (the rest of the computer does its thing though). I originaly thought it was his mouse and keyboard because the computer was harmed pretty badly in a lightning storm, but i brought the keyboard and mouse back to my house and its been running fine...the only thing diferent is that i have a Samsun SyncMaster 19" CRT and he has a Dell LCD. Another thing i noticed is that the resolution with his monitor will only go up to 1024x768 where as mine will go up to 1792x1344. Any suggestions as to why his monitor would respond like that?

so you have a CRT and he has a LCD?

How big is the LCD? 17/19" = 1280 x 1028, 20/21" = 1600 x 1200

unless it's a widescreen monitor, that's the maximum you should take the resolution to, and refresh rates are much lower than they are on CRTs, coz LCD's don't need to "refresh".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom