Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOOb

Solid State Member
ok so i am gonna build my own computer and i want to get the best cpu that i can find with the money that i have. though i don't need help finding that cpu, i just want some advice about it. the on that i have my eye on is a p4. BUT, soon intel will becoming out with their prescott cores. so i am wondering if i should wait for the prescott or just get a p4 right now.

Im not sure when they are coming out with the new p5's but if it were me, i would wait. If you get a comp right now, your gonna regret it when they DO come out.

If ya wait they'll all get cheaper & faster. Just depends if ya want to play now.;)

What the articles fail to tell you is that those CPUs will likely cost close to a grand. Hell look at the EE P4s. Intel needs to check themselves on that damn pricing strategy.

Go with an AMD 64. $230-$750 USD. The cheapest EE is $915 USD. Intel is retarded.

edit- *takes foot out of mouth*

Looks as tho the PP4s will be competitively priced to 64s. If thats what you want, wait for it bud.

Yea, I know that they will cost a lot....but once they do come out the P4 prices will drop considerably. I wouldn't even consider buying a PV until late 2005...

-Mike

whoa man..... that is a lot of dough that i am not so sure that i want to cough up. But then again i don't want to have to wait till late 2005 to get a good processor. The only thing that i hope won't can is the size of the mother boards because i am gonna by a Antec P150 case and i don't want it to become obsolete just because it can't hold the correct size of components.

Im guessing you mean an Antec P160??

ATX full tower form shows absolutely no signs of changing within the next half a decade, so its safe to buy a nice case. And that Antec sure is a nice one. I came || this close to getting one muhself.

wow, 10GHz Nehalem using a 1200MHz front side bus...... imagine how fast fast i could watch my pr0n, thats mind blowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom