System Hangs, DVD writer, USB Mouse problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

punk

Banned
Hi all,

My system configuration is:
INTEL CELERON 466 Mhz, 256Mb Ram, 40 GB Hard disk.

1) Plz tell me if this configuration is enough to attach a DVD Writer to my system or do I need to upgrade. Is there a work around to attach it to my system somehow.

2) Secondly, my Windows XP hangs very often, is it because of my system configuration or something else, plz let me know

3) Thirdly, my USB mouse often stops functioning, while the system is still running. I have to restart the system to make it function again.

Kindly let me know the solutions to the above mentioned problems ASAP. Thanks in advance.

PUNK

the cpu may be a problem in dvd writing.

Why your computer hangs, mabye because of a dodgy driver. Try re-installing all the latest drivers from the manufacturers site.

alternate backup medium

Thanks buddy for the prompt reply. I wanted to attach a DVD writer to my system only as a backup medium. Can you suggest any alternate backup media other than cd writing and DVD writing. Thanks again.

external hdd.

Buy a USB external HDD case and put in a 80, 120, 160 or whatever amout of space you need.

I suspect you only have USB 1.1, so i suggest buing a PCI USB 2.0 card off ebay for like $10 and that will make everything so much faster.

And in the long run, the HDD will be better for leeching Warez and music and movies @ LAN parties.

Thanks man

Hi buddy,
Thanks a lot for your suggestions, I think I will go in for the external HDD. (pretty expensive :rolleyes: )

but you dont need to pay for blank DVD's so in the long run it may work out cheaper, and the HDD isnt prone to damage like a DVD or DVDRW is. And its compatible with so many computers. I bet all your friends dont have DVD burners, but i bet ALL your friends have a USB port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom