CPU Fan Speed Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
My comp just started displaying a 'cpu fan speed low' warning upon startup. Any ideas why that may be happening? Also, I'm hearing a clicking sound when it happens sometimes.

Thanks all

It means you need to check it out.

Crack your case and look at it. If it is filthy, clean it with compressed air. Taking it off to do so is better (the fan, not the whole heatsink). Blow it and the HS out really good.

If it's not, or still doesn't spin fast enough, replace it, period.

Oh, turn off and unplug your comp before you open it or clean it.

Trotter said:
It means you need to check it out.

Crack your case and look at it. If it is filthy, clean it with compressed air. Taking it off to do so is better (the fan, not the whole heatsink). Blow it and the HS out really good.

If it's not, or still doesn't spin fast enough, replace it, period.

Oh, turn off and unplug your comp before you open it or clean it.

Yeah, Ive been inside already. Everything is spotless. Here's the weird part though. I'm not getting the warning everytime I start up. Just here and there. Make any sense?

Monitor it closely and if it stops power down yur computer immediately. Make sure your fan is broken before buying a new fan.

The comp is still under waranty, so Alienware will have to foot the bill if something goes wrong.................and I'm sure it will. I've learned one thing from this comp so far. DO NOT BUY ALIENWARE. The comp worked great for a few months, now its going to crap.

Those ppl at Alienware probably don't know how to build comps :D I just read a thread about a guy who asked his routers' manufacturer about NAT, and they didn't know what he was talking about.

TheMajor said:
Those ppl at Alienware probably don't know how to build comps :D I just read a thread about a guy who asked his routers' manufacturer about NAT, and they didn't know what he was talking about.

I'm not sure, but like I said. The comp worked great for awhile, but now it seems like someone threw a 'go to crap' switch on it. lol

TonCrafter said:
My comp just started displaying a 'cpu fan speed low' warning upon startup. Any ideas why that may be happening? Also, I'm hearing a clicking sound when it happens sometimes.

Thanks all

Open up the case and look at it.
Is you fan spinning fast?
Is your fan spinning at all?

With answer is NO to 1 or both of those question, then you need to replace your Heat Sink and Fan.

Every six months or I check my CPU fan just to make sure it's still functioning. Exspecially when I am about enter summer.

TonCrafter said:
The comp is still under waranty, so Alienware will have to foot the bill if something goes wrong.................and I'm sure it will. I've learned one thing from this comp so far. DO NOT BUY ALIENWARE. The comp worked great for a few months, now its going to crap.
Fans and Warranty are a little bit of a grey area as I have seen computer stores say "It's Wear And Tear"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom