building new computer, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naked

Baseband Member
I'm building a new computer and need some advice on a couple of things. Take a look at the parts that I have chosen:

Skyhawk Mid Tower Case w/ 3 Fan slots 1x front 2x back
ASUS P4P800SE motherboard
Intel P4 3.2e Prescott CPU
1 GB Corsair 184 pin PC3200 DDR Ram
nVidia Geforce 6600 256MB DDR AGP
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX (USB)
Maxtor 160GB SATA 7200 RPM 8MB HDD
DVD Drives

Above all, I will be using this for multi-tasking and 3D games. Any oppinions as to how it may perform?

I need suggestions for a good but cheap PSU with a reccomended power rating. I intend to overclock the core processor to at least 3.8 GHZ so, I will need suggestions for case fans and weather it would be wise to mod the side of the case for a 4th fan. I will also need reccomendations for a good heatsink and fan for this particular chip that will do the job, since I have heard this chip runs hot.

Thanks.

Looks good:) but how much is your budget, because duel core processing is the future!<==some say different but i don't

AMD duel processors are pretty good:)

I know there will always be the 'next best thing' but with a tight budget I have to worry about now. I just would like suggestions for my current setup, but thanks though.

I would get atleast a 500w, OCZ Modstreams are nice, but are 120 bucks, of course you dont want to go cheap on psu, or it could ruin the entire thing. Also, i would look into PCI-E for mobo and Grphx, if your budget allows.

if your on a budget, why not go with AMD?

different psu

6600GT not 6600

seagate hdd

i posted this somewhere else

{Minor rant deleted... Do not douple post, as this is one of the forums rules you agreed to when you joined.}

Sorry, PZEROFGH, but I already closed the other thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotta agree with ya though. Go with Seagate (top choice) or WD. Maxtors have a bad rep for a reason.

As for PSU, go with Antec or ThermalTake, but nothing cheaper. PC Cooling & Power are awesome, but expensive.

Buying a cheaper graphics card now means that you'll have to upgrade sooner. Spend the money now if gaming is important to you.

This whole forum site is pretty much AMD-biased, which ain't a bad thang. If you plan on doing a lot of gaming, AMD is the way to go. Plus, they don't run as hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom