sd card reader problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsumax

Solid State Member
i apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section......

A couple of days ago i got a 1 gig sd card. Everything worked fine in my IPAQ6315 and then it stopped recognizing the card. I got a sandisk 5in1 usb2 card reader, and the card doesnt want to be read on this either. I tried to open up the drive through my computer, but it hangs for a couple of minutes, then it gives me this error message "this device can not be opened due to a i/o device error". does this mean my card is toast? or does it need to be reformatted? and if it does need to be reformatted, how can i do that since the drive on my computer gives me that error message, even when i right click and try to go to format. thanks for any help.

gsumax said:
how can i do that since the drive on my computer gives me that error message, even when i right click and try to go to format. thanks for any help.
I would be checking if your USB is working properly.

After that, check if your card reader came with any drivers.

Do you have a digital camera that take SD Media?

no, i have a sony camera. also, the drivers are said to be installed by xp automatically, it seems to install, i probably should try another sd card to see if it reads, but i dont have access to one right now, it just seems to hang when trying to format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom