250gb hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree about seagates being good, but for the extra coupe of notes you should get sata, even if its just for the improoved airflow. Plus youll have to option to raid it later on :)

Why not go SATA? The HD is the slowest component in a computer. Why get one thats even slower? Especially when SATA is so cheap anyway.

I am also a Seaget fan but the 250 GB Seagate only has 8mb cache, and I think the 250 GB Western Digital has a 16mb cache, just something to think about.

And dont listen to the guy who said dont get SATA, thats just stupid. Maybe hes right, dont get SATA, get SATA II, hahaha. Either way, I would say dont get anything less then SATA. And its less then 10 freaking dollars more to get SATA instead of UATA. Unless your on an extreme budget, just freaking pamper yourself and get SATA, jesus.

Well I just looked and in the 250Gb modle, SATA is actually CHEAPER the UATA so hahahahha. Look for yourself: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16822148065,N82E16822148062&SubCategory=14

go on eBay and tell me that the SATA HDs are cheaper than UATA

also, check a review testing game performance with two different HD inputs: IDE vs SATA

you will find that there is no decrease in performance using an IDE over an SATA. the only thing SATA truly has is the tiny cable and maybe higher cahce levels.

hdd obviously is not going to affect performance in games, DUH, it will only affect you when you are loading games. or opening etc etc.

its like going with s754 when s939 is cheaper. why go with s754 when s939 is better cheaper, and is upgradeable. raiding!

Where did you find SATA HDDs cheaper then IDE? That I do not believe until I see it.

Tro1086 said:
Why not go SATA? The HD is the slowest component in a computer. Why get one thats even slower? Especially when SATA is so cheap anyway.

I am also a Seaget fan but the 250 GB Seagate only has 8mb cache, and I think the 250 GB Western Digital has a 16mb cache, just something to think about.

And dont listen to the guy who said dont get SATA, thats just stupid. Maybe hes right, dont get SATA, get SATA II, hahaha. Either way, I would say dont get anything less then SATA. And its less then 10 freaking dollars more to get SATA instead of UATA. Unless your on an extreme budget, just freaking pamper yourself and get SATA, jesus.

Well I just looked and in the 250Gb modle, SATA is actually CHEAPER the UATA so hahahahha. Look for yourself: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16822148065,N82E16822148062&SubCategory=14

I gave you a link in the first post I made...

Believe that?

And why risk it on ebay when youv got newegg... tried and true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom