How do I use speakers for pc and ipod when off

Status
Not open for further replies.

asaab00

Beta member
HI,

Sorry if this is a complete noob question. I have SB LIve 5.1 (yes I know that's a bit old) along with Desktop Cambridge 5.1 Dtt200 speakers (yes I know that's old too). Anyways they both work fine, however I would like to know how to use the speakers to play from my iopd when it is off, while still connected to my pc. The speakers use 3 cables and so they only 2 left open in the back of the SB are one for microphone and the other for a line in. Is there a device or something I can buy? I want to be able to play music from my ipod without turning my computer on.

With all due respect, I hope you were kidding. I obviously am aware of that, I wanted to know how to accomplish this, without having to constantly unplug the wires. Is there a device or converter that would enable me to do it that way.

buy a 1/8" stereo splitter, so that you have two ins for the one cable. You'll add noise to the line and decrease volume a little bit, but it'll work.

Realistically, the best (quality-wise) option is to just unplug the line every time you want to use the iPod.

But for the splitter, go to Radioshack. It'll be under $5 for the gold-plated version. Just be sure to know what you're getting exactly.

No i wasn't kidding LOL. You never know sometimes. There are some real idiots that stop by here and ask some DUMB questions... so I replied like that (with all due respect.. hehe). Anyways, eagleboy is right on the money.

But for best quality, you'll have to change cables every time. No way around it.

Crysalis said:
No i wasn't kidding LOL. You never know sometimes. There are some real idiots that stop by here and ask some DUMB questions... so I replied like that (with all due respect.. hehe). Anyways, eagleboy is right on the money.

But for best quality, you'll have to change cables every time. No way around it.

that why I didn't bother to answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom