6600gt problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilyushin

Baseband Member
Hi. I have had many troubles with my hardware just this being one of them that i am stumped on. Here are my system specs and what is wrong.

Gigabyte 81915p duo-pro motherboard
pentium 530j lga775 (socket T) 3.0 ghz. 1 meg L2 cache
Maxtor diamondmax 200 gigabyte native command queing
GeForce nvidia 6600gt pci-express x16
corsair valueselect ram 1 gig (2 x 512)
lightscibe and toshiba cd/dvd drives

Now heres the problem. I play Counter Strike 1.6 and Source. In 1.6 I get 100 or so fps and every time i turn a corner or i have more to load or sumpthng like that it lags down to about 30 fps. In source i get 30 fps and it does the same thing. Lags down to about 20 or 15 fps. I benchmarked at 7800 points in 3dmark03. I just built my system and Im thinking it could be the drivers for the motherboard or the drivers for the videocard. It could also be the graphics card itself. it idles at 50 degress C. My cpu idles at 50 on startup and about 70 under load probably, normal temp of around 60. I have a third party fan so over heating shouldn't be a problem.

If you want any more information about my system, i will e-mail it to you and because it is from 3dmark.

Help is greatly appreciated and i will do anything. Excpet spend more than 50 dollars or so... hahahahaha.

Usually when this happens, a game is loading stuff into RAM and you slow down because it's pulling stuff off the hard drive for the time being.

How much ram of yours is being used? To me this seems like a system most likely with virus's and spyware eating up ram.

Thats what i thought a couple of days ago but i disreguarded it. I have abot 800 megs of ram available im pretty sure, total 1 gig. The onboard memory of the video card is 128. Could that be the problem?

Usually when this happens, a game is loading stuff into RAM and you slow down because it's pulling stuff off the hard drive for the time being.

How much ram of yours is being used? To me this seems like a system most likely with virus's and spyware eating up ram.

Hey guys. I flashed the bios today. That seemed to help ALOT. Now im gettin 300 fps ingame lol. Thanks for the help though.

There should be a battery on your motherboard. If you take that battery out and replace it in like 30 seconds, that should to it. But you'll have to reset all your bios settings.

How do i flash or update my bios? I want more fps in source too :p

There should be a battery on your motherboard. If you take that battery out and replace it in like 30 seconds, that should to it. But you'll have to reset all your bios settings.

uhhh, thats one way i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom