Building a computer:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a question.....

How easy is it to flash a video card to ultra speeds, and where do you get the ultra bios????? And if the Flash goes bad is there a way to have it go back to the original bios, for example if I make a batch file to run and execute the flash utility????

I am a Video card OCer noob.

its quite easy to flash a video card

make a dos bootable floppy disk. put flashrom on it. put the ultra's bios on it. name it 6800.bin. put the floppy in. reboot
then type flashrom -f -p 0 6800.bin
black space
serial rom
screen goes black
then it says 6565 megabytes copied or what not

restart take out floppy and your done

and sometimes you want to make a backup of your bios so you type flashrom -p 0 6800GT.bin

and if anything goes wrong just stick your floppy in and type in flashrom -f -p 0 6800GT.bin and it goes back to normal. YAY

you cant name it 6800ultra cuase its too long. need to be 8.3
make sure flashrom isnt in a folder, all the files are out separate

now would that HSF prevent artifacts when it is oc'd, like will it keep it nice and cool?

Also does that flash unlock those crippled pipelines? Reason I am asking is because I want to get a 6800GT and having it run at ultra speeds would be great....

if you just want to get it to ultra's speed then all you have to do is download an OC program. i dunno rivatuner? and just OC. if you want to get the ultra bios you have to do the floppy and stuff.

if you want to prevent artifiacts, you might want to get a ne VGA cooler. crippled pipelines?

uzi9mm said:
oh ok nvm about the crippled pipelines thing, I am thinking of ATI cards.

LOL!

anyways stop hijacking his thread

if you have a 6800GT just OC to ultra speeds. get a nice heatsink on it. and speed it up. i flashed my 9800pro to 9800XT got 200 point increase in 3dmark and OCed and additional 500 point increase. so almost a 1000 point increase for flashing and OCing which is pretty good i think. started out at 5960 im at 6969 trying to get 7000

wow....*goes over head*

..... so I think I'm gonna start puting a final list together:)^^

Anymore help?

Ooo also so you basicly said go with the leadtek then?

------

3rd edit>_<

um how about a case, does anyone know of a good case that has enough fans and will keep it nice and cool.. But also isn't that loud?

O, and my friend has his in like a compartment
http://www.bush-furniture-online.com/xmodels/bush/WC01718h.jpg

like in the left big spot<==makes it wayyy quieter.... but doesn't it heat up the computer!!!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom