System Question ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flavor4real

Solid State Member
Hello,

I need some specif. for a custom build computer. I do graphic/web design. Starting with After Effetcs

- Athlon or P4, 2.6Ghz?
- 800mhz or 533 mhz?
- ATI graphic card or NIVIDIA ??

- no DVD (yet)
- CD-ROM/RW
- USB, Firewire

I don't want to spend a lot of money, cause i know that i will need a nother system when i start doing the video development more.

A custom shop www.tcs-custom.com would build me a Pentium 4 System. Check there website out and let me know what y'all think.

If u can can u make me a lgood list?

i suggest get an AMD xp2500-xp3000 processor, all of your other components are irrelevant unless you plan to play 3d games also. 800mhz or 533 mhz are front side bus, ignore FSB. FSB alone doesnt tell you how powerful the processor is. your website you mentioned really sucks. they have extremely high prices for really low-end machines.

you do not need another machine for video edditting. choose a serial ATA (SATA) hard disk or use RAID if you need even higher speed for video editting. this is where you should shop at since you dont want to build, you can customize some machines yourself:

http://www.cyberpowerinc.com/

http://www.ibuypower.com/mall/lobby.htm

ekÆsine said:
. your website you mentioned really sucks. they have extremely high prices for really low-end machines

YEAH...... I though that was an Australian web site for a second there.

Flavor4real, shop elsewhere.

what's up,

I've been told that a P4, 2.6Ghz, 800Fsb 2x256 RAM or up would be the better choice as a AMD/Athlon. Said that this system would be the best choice

what videocard would u suggest? Graphic, Audio, Video, CAD Development will be done on this computer.

do i need to have 2 harddrives? like 2 x80/120 GB S-ATA. ort is one enough? and backup via CD-ROM...

i would get 2 hard drives. As for the video i would get something with HIGH bandwidth. Something like the ati 9800 XT would work for you for a long ass time. Be sure to get a lot of ram or you will regret it.

Ok... so you recommend the Athlon xp 2500 but isn't that only like 1.8 Ghz or something like that... why wouldn't the P4 be better? I don't understand the naming of the Athlon compared to the speed.

GHz isn't the only thing that has to do with speed

the P4 only has 128 cache and the AMD has 512 cache which means it will perform about 3 or 4 times better ( it think )

Hello,
Which of these basic would be the best choice for Graphic/Audio (maybe Video Development) Development (performance)?

how is the performance of them compared to each other? all with 1Gb RAM Pc3200

AMD ATHLON64 3000+ Processor
GigaByte GA-K8N Pro nForce3 Chipset 800FSB AGP8X w/LAN,USB2,IEEE,&Audio

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor @ 2.6GHz 800MHz FSB
(DDR400-800MHz FSB)ABIT IC7 I875PE 800MHz FSB DUAL DDR 8X AGP

AMD™ Athlon™ XP-3000+ Processor (Barton 512K L2 Cache)
ABit NF7-S nForce2 ULTRA 400FSB SATA AGP8X w/ RAID, LAN, USB2.0, & Audio

I want to add 80 or 120GB S-ATA, to it. Maybe later on an extra 80 or 120 GB S-ATA in Raid.

p.s.: I thought the P4 has 512Cache on L2. That's what the sony website say on there systems

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom