Memory bus still tracking HT bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcrknp

Baseband Member
The problem is I cannot change my memory bus speed without changing the HyperTransport bus speed with nTune. I tried changing my speed in the BIOS to 201mhz because I read that should unlock the HT and mem bus, it did not.

My memory bus is currently 333mhz and my HT at 804mhz, with 2x512 PC3200 Corsair ValueSelect, which should run at 400, I believe. Can I change the memory bus to 400 with the HT bus locked, or will it crash? If it will crash, is there any other way to unlock them?

Stock HSF. CPU temp runs low 30s. Memory timings changed to 2.5-2-3-6. The 6600 defaults to 500mhz memory clock, recommended is 550. So I change these with an nTune profile.

Any help is appreciated.

Their should be a memory divider, set it to 1:1 (And if 1:1 isnt available , use 2:1)

These settings will be found in the BIOS

I searched through the BIOS for 10 minutes and couldn't find that option :angry:

It's an nForce4 chipset, and I haven't updated the BIOS because I'm not sure how.

The only memory options I have are:
Advanced Chipset Features->DRAM Configuration
Memory clock index value (says 200mhz)
CAS Latency
RAS
RAS to CAS
Precharge

1T/2T
Read preamble value
Async Latency value

Man I wish I could find that option.

Post the CPU and Memory tabs of CPU-z. It might help give us an idea of what your talking about...

like idiotec said I also want to see those CPU-Z screens, however don't use Ntune to change things...that's like the worst program there is.

however

Memory clock index value (says 200mhz)
if it says 200MHz then you're running at PC3200 speeds already....and theres no point in locking the HTT to raise the memory beyond the HTT...it's fine to raise the HTT beyond the memory but not vice versa

Not necessarily. If it says 333Mhz in CPUz, then I'd believe that.

In your DRAM Configurations, is it on auto? If its not, there there should be something like DRAM Speed or something. It should say DDR400 or DDR333 and you should be able to change it. Thats where you set the memory dividers. DDR400 is on a 1:1 ratio, DDR333 is a 6:5 ratio, DDR266 is a 3:2 ratio and so on.

All that SHOULD be in your BIOS.

I guess freewebs doesnt allow remote viewing of the images, so I made a quick html doc and added the link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom