Defragment problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkupen

Fully Optimized
Ive had problems with my computer for almost a year now. I would defrag my computer, and sometimes a game woudlnt work. I would then reinstall the game, an a couple weeks later i would defrag my computer, and right afterwards that game woudlnt work and maybe another one wouldnt. I defragged last night, and today none of my games work, microsoft word doesnt work, and i cant get on my firefox internet explorer (i dont no if anyhting else doesnt owkr yet). Ive formatted a few times over this past year, but i still get the defrag issue. What part would cause this, hard drive most likely?

You need to run chkdsk on that hard drive. What OS are you using? Do you have virus/spyware/malware software protecting your puter? Sounds like you are getting some on-going sector loss as the drive continues to fail. What type of HD and capacity etc . would be nice to know.

Ah im running windows Xp professional. My harddrive is am axtor 60 gig sata150, and yeah i have adaware/spybot/ and my norton just expired, im fairly confident its not a virus because ive been having this problem to some extent even when my computer wasnt connected to the net.

I would try using a third party defrag program, it will do a better job and is more efficient than the built-in defrag. You can schedule it to run daily while you're using your computer.

yeah sounds about right...
You might want to back up your information ( just in case ).
I would look into getting another HDD and still keeping that one you have now as a slave until it completely goes out.

aaronkupen said:
My harddrive is am axtor

lol found the problem. ahhhh yeah, I'm supprized you managed to get through the defrag, I had 6 consecutive maxtors fail to even get through windows setup before I vowed to never buy anything from them again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom