Data Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

BVR

Baseband Member
I have accedently lost a small, a very important file while Cutting and pasting from a Win2k machine to a jumpdrive. The file was not saved on the jumpdrive since I forgot to stop the device before unpluging it. After running recovery utilities on HD and sending HD to the lab file was not found on the HD. My asumption is that it is still in RAM buffers or stored in a pagefile. Is there any utility that will allow me to explore those parts of the System???

I don't know how to help with your question but perhaps it's worth making an attempt to recover it from your jumpdrive. It's possible the file is there, just not being read properly. There's plenty of utilities for data recovery from jump drives, flash memory etc. Maybe worth a shot.

Tried tha. Didn't help. What are good data recovery software out there?

I doubt at this point that the file is on the HD at all being that the data recovery lab didn't find it. But they did find files that were reimaged over a number of times over few years. My asumption is that is either in pagefile or RAM buffer.

Well as long as you didnt defrag your system, its on there somewhere...how long ago did this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom