Which antivirus, Kaspersky or McAfee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will hear many different opinions on this matter here. I personally have found NOD32 to be the best for me. Here is a link to their home page to have a look for yourself.

Like the first guy said, you're going to get many different responses. Different anti-virus programs have different strengths and weaknesses. Don't ask what they are, cause I doubt anyone really knows haha. Its mostly just a personal preference. I use McAfee AV and FW because it comes free from my broadband provider.

I use Norton Internet Security (basic AV, FW, and some smaller programs). Works great for me and not too spendy. Some people swear by NOD32, although many articles I've read says it's basically inferior and I think most people only use it because they don't want to pay for protection.

In my personal experience, I've used Norton and McAfee. As far as virus protection I never noticed a difference in performance, but I had both Norton and McAfee istalled on the same machine (went from Norton to Mcafee). When Norton would be running a virus scan, it would use up so many resources that I'd have a hard time doing anything, viewing web pages, opening folders or files, and after the scan was complete it would take about 10 minutes for all the applications running to speed back up to normal. It was like this on another computer in the house too, mine an intel based and the other one an amd based computer. But after my subscrition was up, I intalled McAfee, and I never had those problems again. Sure, my computer slowed down noticably when McAfee was running, but not at the same slow crippling speed norton brought it down to. Now on my month old computer, I barely even notice when McAfee is running a scan.

I use Ewido Security Suite, which I think is the best. It's anti-virus and anti-spyware\adware both in one. It also detects dialers, keyloggers, hijackers, worms, trojans, etc..

jorsoft03 said:
I use Norton Internet Security (basic AV, FW, and some smaller programs). Works great for me and not too spendy. Some people swear by NOD32, although many articles I've read says it's basically inferior and I think most people only use it because they don't want to pay for protection.

LOL. now that's funny

you put nod32 and norton in the wrong places. hit the search tab for this forum. type in "problem norton". watch how many hits that you will get (548)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom