coolermaster keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
ive just got a coolermaster usb Q Alloy Keyboard im not havin trouble getting into my bios simply because the board isnt picked up untill windows kicks in. i presume its the same for other usb boards. any1 no of anythin i can do so i can have it detected striaght away, i can get into bios but means i have to get bro keyboard and put in mine a big pain in the ass.
thanks

hmmm - i would think that the USB is turned on in the bios since it works in windows but you might want to check anyway - what motherboard do you have? or do you know what bios you have is the question im trying to ask.

I think your best bet is to use a ps/2 keyboard, go into bios and set the options to enable USB keyboard (if you motherboard supports it).

i've seen adaptors that change USB to PS/2 for mice and keyboards. check that out too. i have one for my optical mouse which came with the mouse.

aj2003 said:
ive just got a coolermaster usb Q Alloy Keyboard im not havin trouble getting into my bios simply because the board isnt picked up untill windows kicks in. i presume its the same for other usb boards. any1 no of anythin i can do so i can have it detected striaght away, i can get into bios but means i have to get bro keyboard and put in mine a big pain in the ass.
thanks

USB does not work on any thing lower that Windows 98 at the best of times now days.
Before you computer gets into Windows, it effectively running on MS Dos. As USB does not run in MS Dos.

Get yourself a USB to PS/2 adpator, and use the PS/2 ports.

i have a MSI KT6 Delta-LSR KT600. from dxdiag it says the bios is version 07.OOT if thats any help. i cant use a ps port cos of the desk my tower is on :( there is a back support plate the goes rite over the port and if i put it in the comp will hang to far off the front(its already a good 4inches over) thats why i bought a usb cas they are lower down on my mboard. ive looked every where for a driver for it but cant find one anywhere :( im off for a exam now ill try lookin in the bios wit the other keyboard this afternoon and post if it does anything. thanks for the help :)

MicroBell said:
Incorrect.

If your bios has a "USB/Legacy" option available in your bios...setting this to enable most of the time will allow use of the USB keyboard in a DOS enviorment. Some Keyboard manufactures even make USB Dos drivers.

Point taken.

Thank you for the tip.
Problem I have experenced is that my USB mouse does not want to function on Win 2k or Xp until I have the USB 2 drivers installed.
Can you help me on that at it's a minor annoyance.

i got my bios version. at to pof screen sed amibios verio 3.31a, and tried that USB/Legacy option thing was on disabled could change it to mice only or all divices picked all deviced but didnt do anythin still didnt work for me to get into it :S :S should i look for a general usb keboard driver?

just checked the msi site and the newest bios is the one that i have so i cant flash it, well np flashin. what i do plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom