MS Office 2003/XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandakay

Solid State Member
Hello all!

Does anyone here know of any compatibility issues bewteen Office 2003 and Office XP? Specifically creating documents in 2003 then opening in XP.

Thanks!!

Nope never heard that, although when u open a doc in office xp made in off 2003, there may be a slight difference in your formatting

I am currently hammering away at Office 2003 for compatibility issues from a 97/2000/XP conversion. The only issues that I have run into are from 2003 to 97.....major macro problems. There aren't any known issues from 2003 to XP though.

-Mike

Hmmm ,,,

very interesting comments,,

the only issues that we have run into at work are based with XP and Office 97,,, Excel/Word docuements coming up in read only,,

but we have a work-around

We have begun a roll out to office 2k3 and have had ZERO issues with compatibility or with macros??

We have macros for mileage sheets, timesheets, databases, etc,, all have run without issue,,

There have been some font substitutions, but I would say for the better,, docuement clarity - visually- is excellent,,

cheers,

Well, as far as I know there are compatibility issues when you walk down stairs thats from a higher to a lower version and that too if you have used a funtion or feature thats not there in the lower versions.... haven't come across any problems with macros as yet... ;)

till now there has not been any probs with the 2003
u cant say that its giving the issues bout macros
ull have to wait atleast 2 months to get the review of office 2003
but till now its heen wonderfull s/w

u can email me at mail me

puneetrajput_23 said:

till now there has not been any probs with the 2003
u cant say that its giving the issues bout macros
ull have to wait atleast 2 months to get the review of office 2003
but till now its heen wonderfull s/w

u can email me at mail me

No....little miscommunication there....I just said that I have run into macro problems. We have applications that we develop that revamp some of the winword.exe code. We basicall open up our own version of Word. I see some major problems that need addressing by our developers. But as far as general Word documents....there haven't been any problems.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom