i need a 5000 gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
SamLee0519 said:
1) OCz RAM with $5000 to spend? Uh, no. Go for Corsair, thanks. Corsair XMS Pro, or actually just wait for DDR2.

2) Hello?
"^only good Sli board which supports X2s^"

Where were you when ASUS, MSI, and DFI made one of the greatest SLI boards ever?

3) You don't know which sound card to get? It all depends on your price and what you want. You a music craze? Get the Elite Pro. You just listen to music as leisure? Then just get the regular X-Fi ($130)

1. CORSAIR is overated and is not that good. G. Skill and OCZ are better. Nice try though

2. ASUS SLI Boards suck

K'Thx

Pretty much any socket 939 board will support an X2. That Fatality board is WAY overpriced.... I gues it dosnt matter thou for 5000 hahaha.

you could buy yourself a nice used car for 5000 dollars, shit.

And from reading the reviews on newegg, that monitor looks like a piece of shit. only 262,000 colors? Why not get the ViewSonic VP191B, it will show over 16,000,000 colors. Thats a HUGE freaking diffrence... I dont see how that monitor can even get any good reviews, how could people even like a monitor that is so LACKING in color? You might as well not even spend 5000 dollars on a computer if you get such a shitty monitor. It will look like crap anyway on that monitor.

and to the dude who said Asus SLI boards suck? Why? Do you have a reason? Have you used one? Im sick of people dissing on Asus boards and not even saying WHY they suck. If they suck, then give me a F*ing reason why. On the benchmarks Iv seen. The Asus nf4 SLI board ranked right up with the DFI and MSI nf4 SLI boards. so stfu. I think one person said something bad about Asus a while ago and everyone just jumped on the Asus hating band-wagon. Untill I see someone prove why Asus sucks so much to deserve all the hate it gets around here... well i dunno what, but i would like to see someone give a reason why.

Buggy how? Every place I read about them they get a good review, except here. Untill I hear a good reason im sticking with my Asus hating band-wagon assumption.

Well their buggy, nuff said. Their new board don't seem to be as bad however.

Last time I checked, the DFI Lanparty SLI-DR's did support dual core CPU's...

Wish I had a money tree out of the back of my house and it just coughed up a few $1000 when I kicked it...

Asus AMD mobos are known to have finnicky BIOS', crappy compnents, and all that other wonderful stuff.

Heres what I would say for that kind of cash...

AMD Athlon X2 4800 Toledo
2x GeForce 7800 GTX vid cards
DFI Lanparty nForce4 SLI-DR
4 gigs of G.Skill LAs (why not?)
2x WD 74 gig Raptors in RAID 0
2x Seagate 500 gig HDs in RAID 1
Lian Li full tower case
Creative X-Fi
Dual layer NEC 3540A...maybe even quad layer
PCP&C SLI turbo Cool 850 watt SSI PSU
Zalman 7700CU heatsink

I dont know much about monitors, so im not gonna recommend one. I prolly left something out, i just threw this list together real fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom