Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - How is my Rig

Click Here to Login
Thread: How is my Rig
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 02:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tro1086
True Techie

I agree, get the San Diego, especially if its the same price.

You said you could HARDLY afford it. Well if you want to save a little money just get the 6800GT or ULTRA, it would probably be quite a bit cheaper to get one of those over the 7800. And you could still play any game out now, probably all on the highest settings or close to atleast. Just a thought anyway. The 7800 is still an awsome card, but only get it if you can justify spending that much money.

Edit: Just looked on NewEgg to compare the San Diego and Clawhammer. The diffrence is the Sandiego uses a 90nm type processor, and the Clawhammer uses a 0.13µm type processor. and I think when you convert µm to nm (not sure what the µ symbol is) you move the decimel over so that would mean the Clawhammer has a 130nm processor type and the San Diego has a 90nm processor type. And the smaller the better, so for the same price, go San Diego for sure. Id go for the San Diego even it was a little more expensive, for one it will overclock better since it uses less voltage which means it makes less heat.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.