Computer died?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D2222

Beta member
Prior to the following problem, my computer was running great. Or at least I thought it was.

Two problems.

1) 90% of the time Hitting the power button, will not turn the computer on. 90% of the time, nothing will happen. It will remain off. I usually can get it to turn on, if i removed the primary plug in the back and then plug it back in. This will work sometimes. And the computer will power on.

2) When it does power on. No output will be sent to the monitor. So I can see nothing. :mad:

Things I have tried:

1) I used another monitor. No help here. My other monitor received no input either.

2) I tried another video card. No luck here. The monitor still received no input.

I assume then, this would mean the problem must have something to do with one of the following things. The mother board, the cpu, or the power supply.

But my trouble shooting skills end at this point. I dont know what to do or try next. Any tips or ideas. Anyone experiance anything like this before and know which component is causiong the problem.

Thanks for any help. if anyone can help me out.

Omg just happened to me today but bit different my comp wont post and the screen will go on for like 5 sec then go into standby dunno wht the prob is.

Get a friend to temporarily swap out their power supply. I'll almost bet that the PSU is dead!

Almost positive it is the PSU as RicoDirenzo said. If your computer won't even turn on, your mobo or processor has been scorched or your PSU is going bad (which happens over time). The video is not showing probably because the card is not recieving enough power because of a dying power supply. So check that. It would be the most likely to be yor problem.

::-Chase-::

I tried using an old power supply i had. but this was for a pentium 2 processor. And this powe supply could only plug into the mother board at one spot, where my old one did at two spots. The computer turned on the first try, but no video came.

I have another pentium four computer. So tonight I am going to back it up. Take out the power supply and stick it into my broken computer. I hope it is the power supply that has simply gone bad. Or else it looks like i will be in need of a new mother board and cpu :(

hopefully i did not break anything, when trying the pentium two power supply.

that was probaly a bad idea.....

Same sort of problem

I have the same sort of problem as well. My computer powers up fine and everything is heard running but no video pops up. The only way to get it to boot is to take out the cmos battery on the board then put it back in and reboot. Then I can get into the bios but it freezes in the bios. It freezes no matter what I do shortly after I boot it up. Then on reboot Im back to no video again. Thats the one problem I have.

The other is a computer on a constant reboot. Installed fresh copy of XP. Reboots no matter what choice I make to boot into safe mode or not. The HDD works fine in another machine so it has to be a hardware issue. Let me kow if you can think of anything for either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom