DVD Burner Disappearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

water8safenomor

Beta member
Hey guys,
I have 2 dvd burners and just today got my NEC burner from newegg, thinking a new one would fix the problem, but within an hour it has happened again. I noticed this problem when I open DVDShrink3.2 and try to backup a dvd.

PROBLEM: I open the dvd just fine and go to back it up, but once in awhile the computer doesn't recognize that I have a DVDRW. Now I have tried a total of 3 DVDRWs and they all work fine once in awhile, but sometimes they don't. When I look under My Computer to see what's up, it is labeled "CD-Drive (E:)." Now I've tried restarting and that never helps. Once in awhile I'll come back after class or try it a day or two later and it'll work, but it's really frustrating because it is unpredictable.

The thing is, I have over 250 DVDs that I successfully have backed up with this setup, so it's not like it has never worked for me. Also, I have not done any recent changes to my computer to cause this, although it has been happening on and off for about a half of a year.

If anyone has any ideas of what I can do to fix this please let me know. Thanks!

I have a 350watt PSU right now (came with the case). I'm a college student so i have a low budget, but I also play BF2 maybe 2hrs/week, so I don't want a POS psu either.

Just to be more clear to ensure this is the problem... ONLY under My Computer does it say it is a CD-Drive. When I go under Device Manager, it does say I have a DVDRW and nothing is wrong with it. It also said I have the most updated driver for it, too.

If it still is my PSU, how do I go about making sure it will be compatible with my current setup (especially my motherboard and all of the plugs it has going to the psu). I typically order from newegg, unless there's a cheaper deal, but i found this PSU for 65$ shipped http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148008

Would this be a good answer to my problems? I like the fan speed adjustability.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom