How will I know when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
How will I know when my CPU or my HyperTransport Bus have gone too far? What programs should I run? How long should I run them? For the CPU, will windows even boot if it has gone too far?

Just a few last-minute questions before I overclock.

dont most CPUs have a sensor in them that will automaticly underclock or wont let the computer boot if they are too hot?

Once I got pissed at my dell and started beating the shit out of the case, punching, kicking, and beating with a stool (dont ask) and after that it wouldnt boot, just kept giving me this error message. So I opened up the case and the one of the two clamps that hold the heatsink down had come off so it on the CPU right, all i did was clamp the heatsink down right and it booted like nothing ever happened.

The moral of that story is: I think my computer wouldnt boot because without the heat sink mounted properly the proc would get too hot and stop it. Other wise how would the computer know not to boot just because one of the clamps had come off? So if it donst let you into windows and gives you an error i gues its time to back it off a little, haha.

You would be best off to just monitor the temps and make sure they dont get too high instead of just pushing it till something bad happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom