Powerful Ram/Hard Drive/CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spock

Solid State Member
I assume this topic goes in this forum.

If I intall a very powerful and fast Hard Drive/Ram/CPU will this also improve my internet speed? I have dial up, so I don't expect it to improve anything by leaps and bounds. However, I am hoping to improve internet speed a little.

The one I have now is a dinosaur. With dinosaur technology and 128MB of Ram. To make matters worse it has slowed down over the years.

Anyway, I plan to build me a new one. The new one I build will be an entirely different story.:)

i would say no. if you have a unpowerful hdd ram cpu. and fast internet connection. you will be super fast on internet lol
not thats fast

Can't get a faster connection. I live in hooterville and high speed internet doesn't come out this far.

getting a faster computer will not change the speed of your internet connection one bit. Your internet speed is limited by your connection type (dial-up in your case), your modem, and the quality of your service provider. The speed of your computer has nothing to do with how fast the internet is on it. As long as the computer has enough balls to run internet explorer, getting a faster computer wont improve anything.

When I first had dial-up I had a Gateway with a 166MHz Pentium and 32MB of RAM. I later upgraded to a system with a P4 1.4GHz and 512MB or RAM, and there was no diffrence, but i knew there wouldnt be one.

A faster machine might open your browser faster. But other then that, its not going to speed up anything on the internet. Sorta like how honda fan boys think putting 'HONDA RACING' stickers on there civic gives it 10 horse power.

PS. Everyone knows you need a 'Type R' badge to get 10 more horse power, not any stickers... HAHAHA.

Think of the connection as a water hose. A dial up is a garden hose, which only lets the water through very slowly. A high speed connection is a fire hose, which SHOOTS the water out at very high speed. The person who is using the hose doesnt matter one bit.

dhw200 said:
Think of the connection as a water hose. A dial up is a garden hose, which only lets the water through very slowly. A high speed connection is a fire hose, which SHOOTS the water out at very high speed. The person who is using the hose doesnt matter one bit.

haha, good analogy!! I love analogys!

Only thing that helped my connection when i first started to go online was a new modem for my computer, i used an old one pulled from an HP with integrated sound..... Yea.... But my overall speed increased about 10kbps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom