Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktop89

Baseband Member
I'm not sure if this is going to be hardware or software related so I'll explain the problem and then all the things I have tried.

Problem: 2 people have the Quickcam Pro 4000's. We'll call the two people John and Jane to make it easy!!! :) They are connecting by AIM to video chat. John can see and hear Jane. Jane can see John but not hear him.

Solutions I've tried: 1) checked all the volume levels on Jane's PC
2) reinstalled QuickCam software on Jane's PC
3) checked sound options in AIM

All sounds on Jane's PC work (ex: windows media player, windows startup sounds, IE, etc). You can even hear the buddies on AIM login/logoff.

So my question is, why can't Jane here John? Thanks for your help!

have you tried jane webcamming with someone else to check it isnt her problem. It could be johns end he might even have disabled his mic :). Also make sure in your volume controls you have checked the box for microphone and turned its volume up. Access that by double clicking the sound icon in the bottom left sys tray.

Thanks for the response baronvongogo. Yeah, Jane's son has one also, I tried with him and we had the same exact problem. I did check the microphone and the volume is up. All necessary volume levels are maxed on all PC's.

have you made sure you have the latest drivers for the webcam? go to thier website. If that doesnt work plug it into someone elses pc and give that a try. update all other drivers too for your motherboard chipset and audio drivers. if that doesnt work could be a software conflict or webcam isnt working. Are you sure the webcam has a built in microphone?

i'll try and update the mobo drivers to see what that does...i have updated the quickcam drivers and yes, the mic has a built-in mic. all of this worked when initially setup. it only recently started having these problems. no change has been made to any of the pc's.

well if it worked originally if your using windows xp go back to the system restore point before install see if that works too. Its probably some tiny little setting thats switched off or something annoying like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom