anti antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakta

In Runtime
Ok i have a problem.

this computer has a virus and spyware so instead of fixing it i decide to have a fresh start and format the hard drive.

Like a dell does I had all the discs so i formatted the hard drive, deleted all partitions, created one large partition then formatted it using the windows xp install disc. When i loaded up the computer i get all drivers into the system, and i instal antivirus only to receive warnings of the same viruses that I just reformatted for.

I checked to make sure nothing was left of the partitions. The only clues I have are the location for the files which were C:\recycler\ (recycle bin) and the hidden system restore folder.

Is there any way files in these locations could escape the format and if so how do i remove them?

If u need additional info i use sophos, and its a dell 2400, 2.8ghz 512mb ram.

There are tools in the xp installation wizard that let you delete partitions, create a new one (use maximum disk space) and then format the enw partition with ntfs.

sorry its not to hand becuase i eventually sent it to a pc shop a few hours ago on, I just wondered if you know why it would allow a virus to escape a format.

Is that format the same as using a windows 98 bootdisk and deleting the partition and reformatting it? I do that and I also delete the partition again when im installing xp and format it one more time

that happened to me before too when Blaster was big... make sure your modem and everything is unplugged as you install everything... wait to plug it in until you have all your anti virus and firewall programs up... that worked for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom