Major Sound card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightshade

Solid State Member
I have a Trust Sound Expert Optical 514DX 5.1 card installed on my PC, but I have no sound. I downloaded the most recent drivers and now when I play songs, they actually play...but I get no sound. I don't have speakers attached to my PC as I am buying them tommorrow, but the screen has some built-in. Could that be the problem or am I doing something wrong? If you could help I would be eternally grateful.

you are using a digital dolby 5.1 card right ?
You need to make sure that your built in speakers are ditigal.
Also make sure they aren't muted of course.
you probably already have, but thats the trouble shooting step.

the sound will not go to your monitor through thr dvi/vga cable. you will need a separate sound cable that will plug into the monitor, near the other inputs, and the other end to ur s/c. there should have been a cable supplied with the monitor.

I only have 2 cables coming out of my Scren. One power cable to the plug sockets, and another which is blue and screwed into the back of my pc. It is one of those plugs with 2 screws at each side. There was one other cable which has 2 identical ends, both flat and round like a mouse ps2 connection. There are no other ports in the back of the screen.

I am using this: http://reviews.cnet.com/Compaq_FP_5315_flat_panel_display_TFT_15/4505-3174_7-30480941.html

I'd be ever so grateful if people could help me solve this.

I just looked at the review of the monitor and it doesn't say anything about the speakers other than they are stereo...
In your sound properties, are you running digital ?

mmm go into your control panel...
select Sounds and Audio.
once you get in there select the advanced button and see if it says digital.

Digital Speakers most likely.

Have you checked the connections in your box to make sure your SC ( sound card ) is sat properly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom