MSN and accentuating the inherent evils of perpetual upgrades...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cunjo said:
Because a glitch in MSN 7.5 has already resulted in me sending my email password to someone in an IM window I didn't realize had opened - I DON'T want that happening again.

Because one of the reasons I used MSN to begin with rather than msmsgs or trillian (note, -one- of), was the ability to use custom emoticons, which MSN 7 detracts from by destroying them as you add them.

Because nudges and winks are evil/gay

Because I don't like my IM programs crashing when I try to change a background or setting

Because animated blips in the contact window are distracting/annoying

Because more window area for bells and whistles which I don't use, leaves less for functionality.

Because inaccessable features (paid features) are obnoxious

Because I don't believe in letting Microsoft control my life

are those enough reasons, or do you need more?

Can you prove that there is a glitch that sends your password accidentally? That sounds like user error to me. I have never had messenger crash on me when changing backgrounds, etc. Explain how MS is controlling your life, sounds like to me you are controlling your own life and dont leave yourself with much of an option. What is obnoxious about items you cant pay for? You cant pay for it, then dont click on it. Resize the window, whats so hard about that?

Warez Monster said:
Can you prove that there is a glitch that sends your password accidentally?
Why would I want to? I've had a few times when MSN has taken active window status when new message arrived (like AIM), but didn't actually move the window to the front (unlike AIM), so I didn't realize what it had done until after I had finished entering the text. So if I was set to busy, and typing a password into an authentication feild, guess where it got sent to?

Warez Monster said:
That sounds like user error to me. I have never had messenger crash on me when changing backgrounds, etc.
"user error"? don't make me laugh... when MSN locks up every timeI select a predefined background from the create menu, it's not because I'm using it improperly.

Warez Monster said:
Explain how MS is controlling your life, sounds like to me you are controlling your own life and dont leave yourself with much of an option.
They don't, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Warez Monster said:
What is obnoxious about items you cant pay for? You cant pay for it, then dont click on it.
The fact that they're there, and keep popping up when I try to do things, and getting in the way. They add more JUNK to the UI that you need to work around.

Warez Monster said:
Resize the window, whats so hard about that?
How about the fact that it still doesn't fix the problem of having a large quantity of nonfunctional space? Whether you have the window small or large, all the extra crap has to take up space somewhere. I don't want it taking up extra space on my desktop any more than I want it taking it up in the window. *gives you a pass to a Workspace Management 101 seminar*

any more questions? or can we be done now, and just accept the fact that I don't want MSN 7? these point-rebuttals get old very quickly... I see no reason to believe I should need to explain myself. The topic of this thread is HOW to roll MSN back, not WHY.

None of your suggestions have worked, which is why i am still looking for more.

lol I think you have problems if I use software I find faulty you no what I do? I dont use it! :). You sound very angry at MSN messenger so why try and fix it, use something else its only a chat program! what do you expect, bloody hell it works fine with me and many other happy users. Heres an email address billgates@hotmail.com tell him its not working just for you and im sure he`ll get right on it. Do you expect to be using msn 6 for the rest of your life things move on and upgrade and I think so far its been more good than bad. I no you may not like it but just use trillian or gaim sometimes you have to settle for 2nd best. Some software doesnt always work on my comp but I dont try and demand fixes I use something else than can do the same thing.

I'm -still- not interested in gaim. The most prevelant problem I face ont his computer is avoiding software conflicts, as this branch of Gateway's laptop line is apparently notorious for it. less software = better; less complex software = better.

I think I'm going to go with the reformat... because I'm a stubborn bastard, and I want things to work the way I like them to work.

PS. baronvongogo, it's billg@microsoft.com , and he has an entire department devoted to circle-filing all the spam, complaints and suggestions he gets in his email.

Cunjo said:
I think I'm going to go with the reformat... because I'm a stubborn bastard, and I want things to work the way I like them to work.

As if we couldnt tell....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom