Networking Wizard in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GusGus910

Beta member
Wizard

I have Windows XP (On host computer No.1) and I'm trying to network to another PC with Windows ME. I believe all the hardware is set up OK. I'm using a D-Link DI-514 wireless router connected to Windows XP and a D-Link DWL-122 wireless USB adapter on the computer with Windows ME (Client No.2).
My problem is the Network Setup Wisard in XP. I receive an error message "Spooler SubSystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close," and doesn't complete its configuration. I am hoping someone can give me a step by step manual way to configure the setup proccess. It appears my computers can't see each other. I'm stumped! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Try the Wizard again, but before you do, click start > settings > control panel (or just open a internet explorer and type in "control panel" in the address line. To make things easier, click "Switch to classic view" and then double-click administrative tools > Services. You'll be brought to a list of services followed by their statues. Find the print spooler and double-click it. Under the service status, click stop. After it has been stopped, try the wizard again.
There is an article on Microsoft's knowledge base....it doesn't pertain to your exact issue, but if the above doesn't work, then try this link

-Mike

Do you have any of the following,,
ZoneAlarm
XP firewall enabled
Lexmark Printer

turning OFF the QoS Packet Scheduler (Local Area Connection properties) allowed my two XP computers to connect to each other. Crazy!

Update or remove the firewall during setup ,, then place the firewall on the "out to the world" pc only,,

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom